An Estate Agency practice, Miller, Trenchard & Company was established in Cobham High Street and prospered under the partnership of Harry Miller and Dick Trenchard, with a property register of new speculative houses and flats in Cobham, Stoke D`Abernon, Oxshott and the surrounding area.
A recruitment advertisement was placed in the Daily Telegraph and replied to by Ted Arlidge of Faringdon, Berkshire who was subsequently appointed to assist with the growth of the business.
The outbreak of the Second World War interrupted matters and in 1940 Ted Arlidge joined the army, with Dick Trenchard working for a government establishment on the Fairmile in Cobham. The office was kept open for business by Marjory Trenchard and a female staff.
When the war ended in 1945, Dick and Ted returned to the business, forming a partnership under the title of Richd A. Trenchard and Arlidge.
1950s & 1960s
The 1950s saw a further wave of new residential development resulting in a sudden growth in the local population.
In 1963 Dick Trenchard retired from the firm and Ted Arlidge continued as sole principal with the name of the company changing to Trenchard & Arlidge. In 1964 Tony Webb joined the firm as a trainee.
In 1968 the firm moved from the High Street to larger more prominent premises with double the window space on the comer of Oakdene Parade, Cobham.
In 1981 Ted retired and the business was acquired jointly by Tony Webb and Kevin Arlidge who had been working for the company for many years, "in the confidence that the personal, conscientious and comprehensive practice would be unbroken".
In 1983 the Oxshott Office was opened with Kevin as resident partner and Tony remained the resident partner in Cobham.
Trenchard Arlidge is the longest established Estate Agent in Cobham, with over 80 years success selling and letting property in Cobham, Oxshott, Stoke D`Abernon and the surrounding area.
We continue in the tradition of providing an informed and personal service, based on an in-depth knowledge of the local market, whilst at the same time embracing modern technology to ensure a continually progressive approach.